Thursday, January 21, 2016
Week 2 Reading Reflection
While reading, I was most surprised to find that 600,000 new businesses are incorporated every year. I find this surprising because of the challenges that come with starting new businesses. I believed that the number was closer to half the actual amount. I was slightly confused about entrepreneurial schools of thought, as well as macro and micro view. I don't believe the book went into enough detail in regards to these topics. If a were to ask the author two questions they would be: "What do you believe the most important trait entrepreneurs have?" and "What industry is currently seeing an entrepreneurial explosion?" I'd ask these questions because I believe they would I allow be to begin to understand both the mind of an entrepreneur and the current state of the field of entrepreneurship. I would not say the author is wrong about anything in this chapter but I do, however, think he should've added another reason for the exceptional entrepreneurial activity in the US. A big reason entrepreneurial activity is high in the United States is that we have the human capital, technology, and experience to make businesses succeed. Entrepreneurs around the globe often travel to the US, even though costs are higher, to use the best technology, people, and receive advice from highly experienced professionals.
Labels:
Week 2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment