Sunday, January 31, 2016

Week 4 Reading Reflection

This chapter, I was fairly surprised to read about probability thinking and how it is a muddling mindset for entrepreneurs. I've always thought that looking for a safe and predictable process makes starting your own venture less volatile. However, I did not consider that taking a bigger risk with less predictable results can sometimes lead to great success. I was a little confused on how the hemispheres of the brain are so important to entrepreneurship. I wish the author had elaborated more and possibly expanded on which side he thought was more crucial. I would ask the author the best way to avoid muddling mindsets because I find that I often think in those terms and it restricts my ability to be creative. I'd also ask what is the most important aspect of a creative climate. I'd ask this because that's the best place to start when creating a venture and setting up a work-space. I don't disagree with anything the author said but I do wish he had expanded on the hemispheres of the brain and their relation to entrepreneurship.  

No comments:

Post a Comment