Although I have not had any run-ins with entrepreneurs, I do consider myself one. Three years ago I began working landscaping around my neighborhood. More and more people began to hire me and I decided to hire 2 of my friends to help. Fast forward 3 years and I now employ 12 people and have contracts with three of the biggest neighborhoods in my town. This process was very challenging, while managing the schedules and payrolls of 12 people, inventory, and the planning of projects with neighborhood leaders, I made many mistakes. These mistakes allowed me to grow as a person and entrepreneur. I've learned the importance of persistence, organization, and leading by example through my experience. This is something that I am very proud of and I am excited to continue to grow in the future.
I chose to take this class because I think entrepreneurship is one of the most valuable qualities in business. Being able to bring new ideas to the table makes an employee invaluable to his company. I am passionate about entrepreneurship and have several entrepreneurial ideas myself. I believe that studying entrepreneurs and entrepreneurship itself is a great way to continue my growth as a businessman.

It is extremely interesting to see the transformation from a little job that you did by yourself to you owning a company with 12 people. Having you explain that even though you made mistakes, those mistakes helped you become a better and more successful entrepreneur is a great attribute to have. It is important as an entrepreneur to use your mistakes and weakness as opportunities to grow and learn and it looks like you also understand that. http://freeberga.blogspot.com/2016/01/my-entrepreneurship-story-week-2.html
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome how you started your own small business. Like you said, it is great that those mistakes helped you grow as a person and entrepreneur. Now, you are less likely to make those mistakes in a future venture or ass your lawn business will continue to grow. Our stories are similar in that mine also deals with irrigation in which my dad started his own business. Feel free to check it out at http://palombiblogs.blogspot.com/2016/01/my-entrepreneurship-story.html
ReplyDelete