1) The skill that has been most useful has been organization. There are a lot of assignments to keep up with and organization is key. Putting all of my assignments in my planner has helped me to stay on top of the work. I'd also say a very important skill I've worked on has been persistence. Often, people are not willing to be interviewed and it can take a while to meet your requirements. The key is to keep trying.
2) I felt like giving up on this class in a week where I had three exams and also assignments due too. I felt very stressed out and just didn't want to spend the time to get everything done because I was so tired. My determination to not quit or take zeros pulled me through, I'm very blessed to be in the position I'm in and know I need to make the most of my opportunity. I feel like I came in to this class with a pretty tenacious attitude, however, my tenacity has definitely increased by persevering through challenges presented to me this semester. My three exam week was definitely the experience that showed me what I was made of.
3) To foster the skills that support tenacity, you must never be complacent. You must always be looking to improve yourself and your work. Developing the tenacious mindset means being unwilling to quit. Go into the semester with mindset that you will not give up no matter how hard things get and you will definitely be in a position to succeed. Finally, maintain a positive attitude, it is much easier to be tenacious when you are excited about your task and believe in yourself.
Hello Jake,
ReplyDeleteYour tips are very good. Organization is very key to this class. We have a lot of assignments that are due and it can be tough to keep up with them, especially since we have other classes to worry about. I would feel like giving up too if I was in your position the first week of classes, but you are pulling through, so good job. Here is my blog: http://stefanent3003.blogspot.com/2016/02/half-way-reflection.html
Hi Jake! I agree with you on the importance of organization, I found that to be a quality key to keeping up with this class. I also felt the same way as you at one point because I felt like I had so many exams and things to do in other classes and didn't want to put the time into filming videos for the course. You seem to have a great mindset and are determined to do well in this course, keep up the good work! Here are my thoughts on this course so far, http://caitlinc12.blogspot.com/2016/02/half-way-reflection.html
ReplyDelete