Sunday, February 7, 2016

Interviewing Customers No. 2

1) After my first round of interviews, I have learned that there may be a market for this service. However, I need to make sure the price is relatively low/competitive and the type of training costumers are receiving is very skills specific.
2) I believe I was asking the right people questions and will continue to make sure I find a diverse group of athletes.
3) Now that I know people would be willing to use and pay for my service, I will be asking them questions about how to make this service the best it can be.
Questions:
1. Have you ever had any bad experiences with athletic training services you've used in the past? What were they?
2. How much time would you be willing to spend per week on athletic training? (I am asking this to see how long sessions should be)
3. Is there a specific skill you wanted to improve on in your respective sport?
4.



 
5. I've learned that the more you get out and talk to people, the better idea you get of how successful your idea would be and how to make it better. Specifically, I learned that the sessions need to be cheap, provide small group or personal training, and focus on skills that are tough to master.
6. I've learned to be confident and friendly when approaching people, this will make them more likely to say yes to an interview. I've also learned that offering to leave their face out of the interview makes them more likely to say yes. Finally, I've learned to steer away from leading questions, as they typically do not glean information that is actually useful or constructive.

4 comments:

  1. I really like your idea of an athletic training service. I've seen that many people like going top places like orange theory, where they have a trainer pushing them through a workout and demonstrating along the way. It's especially useful when people don't really know the proper way to exercise. Your comments about the service being cheap and in small groups is spot on. Overall, great job. Check out my post here - http://mudine.blogspot.com/2016/02/interviewing-customers-no-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading your post. Athletic training is a great product to market to college students as most will be at their athletic prime during these years of their lives. I agree with what you said about the more you get out and talk to people. More people the better! My service is relatively similiar to yours as it is athletic related. Overall great read and good idea! Check out my post at http://ahamuf.blogspot.com/2016/02/interviewing-customers-no-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your idea of an athletic training service. With the workout craze that is going on right now it would be very useful to have a service to teach people who don't know a lot about athletics and working out to have someone show them the proper way. Having cheap services are a great idea as long as they are still quality services.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jake,
    You definitely have a great idea up your sleeve with a big market for it. But theres also an even bigger population of competitors out there taking advantage of the the healthy lifestyle trend. The range questions you asked were spot on! I believe if you manage to find a way to distinguish yourself from other athletic apps and make it a low enough price, then you it could become a great product to launch while still in college!

    ReplyDelete