Sunday, February 14, 2016

Week 6 Reading Reflection

What surprised me most about this reading was learning about the bargaining power of suppliers. While the power buyers have is quite obvious in daily life, I didn't consider the immense impact a supplier can have on a business if they decide to cut ties or raise prices. I was a little confused while reading about the intensity of competitive rivalry. I'm not sure how these factors affect the intensity of competition in an industry and feel like there is a high level of competition in almost every industry. If I were to ask the author a question it would be to give a couple modern day examples of intensity of competition. I'd ask this because I'm still confused by this topic and examples may give me clarity. I'd also ask how quickly a brand can build customer loyalty and what the best ways to go about that are. This information would be great for an entrepreneur trying to get his business off the ground with a loyal customer base. I have no arguments to any of the information this author presented. It's an often referenced piece for the reason that it is very logical.

No comments:

Post a Comment