Sunday, February 21, 2016

Week 7 Reading Reflection

I was surprised to learn that companies and executives have only been using segmentation to tailor commercials to audiences. I assumed that executives would want to maximize the amount of information they have about potential customers. I don't really understand the "gravity of decision spectrum". It wasn't elaborated on greatly, but the author made it seem important. I'd ask the author the best way to collect the information necessary for companies to segment. I'd ask that because I'm not sure of the information needed or how to attain it. I'd also ask the author how he would let demographics affect his marketing decisions. He made it seem unimportant but I'm sure there are scenarios in which demographics become increasingly important. While I couldn't find anything this author said that I disagreed with, company executives may feel differently. The fact that they are not using segmentation as much as the author thinks they should may say something about its validity.

No comments:

Post a Comment