Sunday, April 24, 2016

Final Reflection

This semester, my most formative experience in this class was the first round of interviews we had to post. Upon seeing the assignment, I was sure I took the wrong class because there was no way I was going to go out there and ask random people walking around campus if I could record them for a class. Finally, as the due date grew near, I got desperate and went out asking people. I was incredibly surprised by how nice everyone was and how easily I could get yeses. This experience allowed me to break out of my shell and grow my interpersonal skills. Years later, I will remember interviewing my parents and friends to figure out what my strengths were. Hearing that I had strengths that I didn't even recognize from my loved ones gave me a lot of confidence about my chances as an entrepreneur in the future. My most joyous experience was googling my blog and keywords and seeing it come up early on the google search results. It was great seeing something that I'd put a ton of work into out there for everyone to see. I'm just proud that I've (almost) made it through the class. I put a ton of work in and learned a lot and it's just nice to see that reflected in a good grade. At the end of this class, I definitely see myself as an entrepreneur ready to make a difference in the world. I think I came in with an entrepreneurial mindset, having already started my own venture. However, this class has allowed me to build my confidence, sharpen existing skills, and gain ones I never thought I could. I definitely think with a more entrepreneurial mindset after going through this class. I'd tell any student going down this journey in the future to keep an open mind and always give a 100% effort, even if the assignment seems pointless. Those assignments will pay off down the road. To perform best in this course, students need to be organized and on top of every assignment. I'd also recommend leaving more than enough time to complete every assignment just in case any obstacles pop up. To foster this mindset and these actions, having a positive attitude is crucial. Staying positive and never giving up through all the assignments and challenges is the best way to be successful in this course and as an entrepreneur.   



2 comments:

  1. Jake,
    I agree with you about the first round of interviews being tough. I actually did not submit mine in time and I learned my lesson from that. I think it is in our failures that we learn so much about ourselves. I do see where you are coming from, though. If you would like to check out my blog post you can find it below:

    http://maxwilk.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jake, great post! I feel exactly the same way. It was really tough in the beginning with all the interviews but it feels so good to look back and review all the assignments we have done for this class. I believed this class help a lot to developed new skills, plus the fact that we would never forget all the assignment we despised makes the difference.
    http://erickbvu.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection-week-15.html

    ReplyDelete