Sunday, April 17, 2016

Google Gold

1) I wanted to maximize SEO throughout this semester. I reasoned that the more exposure I gained, the better chance I'd have to succeed with my business venture. Publicity was what I was striving for. In order to pursue SEO, I included all key words given to me by the assignment and linked my blog in all comments. I also encouraged friends and family to go check out my blog.
2) My keywords were the ones provided to me through these assignments. I didn't add any extra keywords in my titles so there was no strategy in picking them and no change over the semester.
3) The only social media site I promoted my blog on was Blogger itself through comments. This increased my page views slightly but not by a ton. I suspect that by promoting on other social medias, I would have seen a slight increase in page views, but nothing monumental.
4) My most viral post was my "Elevator Pitch No. 2" post, which had 17 page views and 6 comments. This is probably because many comments were required by the assignment and elevator pitches tend to be more interesting than other posts.
5) If I type "Jake Ryan Entrepreneurship" (what I assumed would be my most popular key phrase) in to Google, my blog comes up as the first few search results.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Jake! I took a similar approach to SEO as I always included key words of assignments in my posts. I used blogger as well as YouTube as my social media outlets, but most of my videos didn't get more than 10 or so views so I'm not sure it was very effective. My blog also came up in the first few google searches, I think that fact that both of us used our last names has a lot to do with that. Good job! Check out mine her http://jenniecarmody.blogspot.com/2016/04/google-gold.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jake!
    I did basically what you did as well. I used the key words we were asked to use when creating our blog. I also typed in some key words of my venture when looking up my blog on Google. I also think social media would be one of the best places to increase the awareness of your blog. I hope you had a great semester! Here is the link to my post: http://myent3003blog.blogspot.com/2016/04/google-gold.html

    ReplyDelete