Sunday, April 24, 2016
Week 15 Reading Reflection
I was very surprised when I initially read about SKS's situation in Nizamabad. Most companies today would rather pay off the thugs and continue making a profit so it was very surprising to see that there are companies out there that are willing to stand up for the little guys. Even after reading, I am still confused as to why microfinance has not been able to gain a greater market penetration. I've seen some mentioning of the challenges faced but nothing laid out in a concrete fashion. I'd ask the author what originally interested him about microfinance and international business. I'd ask this to gain some perspective on what originally ignited his passion. I'd also like to ask him about the current state of his company and what direction he is planning to take it in the future. I want to ask this question because SKS has most likely matured as a business so I'd like to see what steps he sees as vital today. This was a great read and I can find nothing wrong with the ideas of Mr. Akula.
Labels:
Week 15
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment