Wednesday, April 6, 2016

My Exit Strategy

1) I most likely will try to pass this business down to a younger employee or sibling in the future but would obviously entertain outside offers for my business if they come. I see this business as tough to sell because I currently don't have a lot of physical capital or an idea that can't be copied.

2) I have selected this opportunity for two reasons. The first is what I mentioned before, that I may be hard-pressed to sell it, which leaves me without many options. Second and more importantly, I'd like for this business to become a source of pride for its employees and to make an impact on the surrounding community. I'd like to be able for it to continue succeeding after I am no longer able to run it. That will probably come after I graduate college.

3) My plan to give up the company after I graduate college has led me to focus on formulating strategies to reach my long term goals for the company. While I am not looking to rapidly expand, as that can be risky for a business, I did put some long-term plans in place during the "What's Next?" assignment in order to prepare my company for success after a switch in leadership.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Jake,
    Interesting exit strategy. You mentioned now you are planning on passing your business venture to another person, but have you considered the potential of you business?
    Would you be willing to give your business to someone else if it is successful?

    This are questions that need to be considered.

    My blog: http://anaguevarauf.blogspot.com/2016/04/my-exit-strategy.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jake,

    I like how you acknowledged that your business may become difficult to sell in the future, and therefore it may be a better idea for you to simply pass it down to a sibling or employee you trust. This shows that you have genuine interest in the well being of your business, even after you leave. Great job on this assignment, I really enjoyed reading it. Keep up the good work! Here is the link to my Exit Strategy, you should check it out!
    http://ent3003nicole.blogspot.com/2016/04/my-exit-strategy.html

    ReplyDelete